Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Can I even call this a gallery wall?

Here's how it looked before:


Right? Is that even a gallery wall? Not so much. Ugh and we need to find a solution for that thermostat box.
I found this cute lil inspirational art at TJ Maxx for 9.99. Done. It suits Hub and I perfectly. It also caused a refresh on the gallery wall, which was much needed and is a VAST improvement, at least in my non-professional opinion.

If you can't read it, its says, "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have and still allows you to grow."



I love it! I also created some free-to-me art, using a fabric remnant from pillow cases I haven't am getting ready to sew, a square frame from a Michael's 4-pack, and a terracotta sun that my papa got me when I still lived at home about 10 years ago.
I've been wanting to display it on the wall somehow, and this project worked out perfectly!!
I started by using the hard backing from the frame for a template to cut out the fabric.


We then ventured onto the back deck, for a lil spray adhesive action!! Gotta stay ventilated, that stuff is toxic!
Once the fabric was attached, I hot glued the edges down, just like with my cabinet makeover. From there, I eyeballed the center of the square, and hot glued the sun onto the fabric. After a minute or two of drying, I secured that baby back into its frame, and onto the wall it went!

 Unfortunately, the fabric is nearly an exact match of the wall color, Behr's Gobi Desert
 I think its nice. And like I said before, a vast improvement over our old layout.

What are your feelings on gallery walls? Any in your own home? Still think mine is cheesy? Be gentle : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = good karma! Let's hear what you've got to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...