Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chocolate Snowflake Cookies

Throughout our relationship, my husband has been begging me to make these cookies. They were his favorite as a child, and based on the speed he devoured this batch, I'm assuming they still are to this day.
This is the recipe as his mother sent to us. I did make one change, and subbed butter for the oil. Vegetable oil freaks me out a little bit, and we all know that butter makes it better.





Chocolate Snowflakes

Ingredients:
2 cups Sugar 
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted 
1/2 cup salad oil (or sub 1/2 cup butter) 

4 eggs 
2 tsp vanilla 

2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt 
2 cups flour 

Powdered Sugar 

Process:
(Do not preheat oven, the dough must be refrigerated for quite some time = 2ish hours at least)

Melt chocolate (About 2 minutes on high, stir, then another minute) 
*note* So I am sometimes a cheater when it comes to melting things... I have a metal mixing bowl so I put the chocolate in the bowl than in the oven to soften. Whatever works for you though... 

Mix granulated sugar, chocolate and oil (butter).

Beat in eggs, combining well after each, and vanilla. 

Add baking powder, salt, and flour and mix well to combine. 

Refrigerate dough until firm enough to form balls. 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Roll teaspoon of dough into ball, then roll in powdered sugar, coating thoroughly. 

Place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet. 

Cook about 10 minutes, use toothpick test. 


These cookies are ridiculous. I cooked them right on my cookie pans, sprayed with olive oil cooking spray, and it resulted in delicious caramelization on the bottom. They are sort of like brownie cookies, which I assume is the reason the recipe calls for oil instead of butter. But they turned out delicious nonetheless, so get in your kitchen and whip up a batch! 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments = good karma! Let's hear what you've got to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...